Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Emotional Eating

I have always had a problem with this.  Since I was a kid.  My mom used to buy me a hot fudge sundae at Friendly's when something was upsetting me.  She had good intentions I know, but it created a life of looking at food  for comfort.  Now, I realize I am an adult and I make my own choices.  I'm not blaming mom here.  But it is REALLY hard to break the cycle!

My large pony is driving me absolutely crazy.  When I come in and am stress about it, I look for food to munch.  The truly funny thing here is that what is making me crazy about her is that she is totally food driven.  When she sees any kind of food, nothing else matters in her world.

As I write this I am wondering if this is not a message for me.  What if I try shifting the way I look at food?  Perhaps she will shift too?  I have often experienced the horses' mirroring ourselves, and or teaching us with their behavior what we need the most.  We need only to observe with an open mind and heart.













Loretta


 the natural horseman


 clear communication/visible results