Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Horse quotes

From about.horses.com


Winston Churchill
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.

Robert Smith Surtees
There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse.

Nicholas Evans
It's a lot like nuts and bolts. If the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!

Mark Twain
I can always tell which is the front end of a horse, but beyond that, my art is not above the ordinary.

Pam Brown
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.

Abraham Lincoln
I can make a General in five minutes but a good horse is hard to replace.

Dale Carnegie
Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.

Groucho Marx
I would horsewhip you if I had a horse.

W. C. Fields
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of Solitaire. It is a grand passion.

R. Graham
God forbid that I should go to a Heaven in which there are no horses.

William Shakespeare
He doth nothing but talk of his horses.

Sir Walter Scott
Dear to me is my bonnie white steed; Oft has he helped me at pinch of need.

Katie Crozier
Galloping smoothly across the lush green grass, my heart rides through life itself on the back of a horse.

Nilolai Gogol
Steeds, steeds, what steeds! Has the whirlwind a home in your manes?

Ian Fleming
A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.

Helen Thomson
In riding a horse, we borrow freedom.

Beryl Markham
A lovely horse is always an experience. It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words.

Josephine Demott Robinson
Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense there is in the world.
Winston Churchill
No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle.


My favorites are highlighted in purple, with my 2 very favorites in bold.  What are your favorite horse sayings?






Loretta 
 the natural horseman
 clear communication/visible results