Thursday, September 2, 2010

September Newsletter

Subject: News from 20/20 Horsemanship

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
You're receiving this email because of your relationship with 20/20 Horsemanship. Please confirm your continued interest in receiving email from us.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Sept. 2010 Newsletter

In This Issue


Quick Links
Find us on Facebook






September Book-Horses Never Lie, Mark Rashid

Last month I focused on Sally Swift and Centered Riding.  Several  purchased the book and are benefiting from Ms. Swift's knowledge.

This month I am spotlighting a trainer, Mark Rashid.

Mr. Rashid is a talented and gifted writer.  You will enjoy any and all of his books.

It is important to remember that as aspiring horsemen and women it is our responsibility to understand the horse in every capacity.  Everything we do  with the horse we are either teaching him, reinforcing what we've taught him, or unteaching him.  Every single moment is a training moment. 
So even if you do not desire to become a horse trainer, it will benefit you as a rider and a horse person to understand horse training.  If you ever desire to become a horse owner it is a MUST.  That is one of the biggest mistakes horse owners make-not knowing enough about training.  Every owner is also a trainer simply by default.  


Dear Loretta,
I'm sure you are looking forward to fall as much as I am.  This was one hot summer! 

We have several new students to welcome:

Sophia
Arianna
Sloan
Sarah
Cindy
Kaitlin

And several more that have returned from vacation.  Looks like September will be a very busy month here.



Sincerely,
Loretta Arey
20/20 Horsemanship


Upcoming Openings


Sunday 9/5 @ 5pm
Tuesday 9/7 @ 10am & 5pm
Wednesday 9/8 @ 10am
Thursday 9/9 @ 4 & 5:30pm

If you have not yet confirmed a regular time for fall classes, please do so as soon as possbile.  I have at least a dozen new students coming on board and I'd like for you to get your desired day and time.



Herd Update
Meet Mellie

Mellie is the newest addition to our herd.  She is an adorable Appaloosa pony mare.  She is 15 years old and about 13.3hh. She is the first one to greet us at the gate and is always very interested in the goings on at the barn.  I am enjoying working with her and getting to know her.  She is a fast learner and is quickly picking up the ground work I am teaching her.  I also am enjoying riding her.  She has a lovely trot and canter-once she is moving.  In fact I have been practicing a lot on her since I had so much down time with my broken foot.  I've been riding with no stirrups, no reins, posting with no stirrups and doing sets of sit trot 7 steps, post 7, stand 7.  I have to practice what I preach!  And it's been giving me lots of good ideas for my students....next up, getting her out on the trail.




Update on Stryker

In case you have not heard, Stryker has a new injury.  Just as I was about to start riding him at a walk, he tore a suspensory ligament in his left front leg.  He is on strict stall rest for the next several months.  He is currently living at the barn with the ring.  I can keep my eye on him since I am there more than I am at home now.  He seems to be dealing with it well, just like he did with his tendon.  He sure is a good sport.  I feel so sad for him.  In December it will be one year that he's spent in a stall.

About Us
Thank you to all my wonderful students.  I am thrilled to share with you my passion for all things horse.  Especially the importance of having a relationship that begins on the ground.  If there is anything you'd like to see in future newsletters, please let me know. 

Safe Unsubscribe
20/20 Horsemanship | 231 Seneca Rd. | P.O.Box 397 | Great Falls | VA | 22066