Thursday, February 17, 2011

My day: It's all good

7am  Bring Lauren to school



8:40am  Bring Thomas to school



get caught in road construction traffic



9:20am arrive at Stryker's.  Feed 4 horses and ACE Stryker.



9:40am  Arrive home in time to muck paddock before 10am lesson arrives



10am teach until 11:10am



11:15  Work on ground work with Sundance and ride for a few minutes.  First time asking him to trot.



11:30am return to Stryker to let him out and clean his stall



11:50 head home.  Spot loose horse running around tacked up with no rider.  Jump out of car.  Approach horse.  Catch horse and head down path toward park on Seneca.  Call Peter and ask him to look for rider.



12:10 random citizen finds rider laid out flat on path.  Puts her in car (really?).  Rider refuses ambulance because it might scare horse (really again?)



12:30 Rider gets driven to horse's home.  I walk horse to his home.  Cute horse, but poor ground manners I might add.



12:40 Home.  I'm a little stressed and eat lunch.



12:45 Share space with Scottie who is very mad at me for giving him an allergy shot.  He won't even let me pat him and I am very sad about that.



1:15 Farrier arrives to work on Sundance



3:15pm  Snack and change into karate clothes



4:15 Leave for karate with Thomas



4:30-5:45 karate class



6pm  Feeding horses.  Thomas wants me to take him to the elective fair at Cooper.  Isn't that what his dad is for?  I really need to NOT do that right now.



7pm  Shower, food, wine.  It's all good.