Monday, February 4, 2013

Schooling ponies, well horses I guess

Interesting day here today. Started with schooling Blue after a student had a morning lesson on him. He was quite ready, I think he could've cantered forever.  Ended with me schooling Stryker after a student's lesson. This one was a bit more interesting. Trotted around great, still off left but I think that is a forever thing. Much like Playboy he picked up a canter as soon as I thought about asking (this psychic pony connection is coooool), we went around about once, to the right. Lauren was commenting on how good we looked, his tail was up, his head was tucked in, and then, blam. He bucked. Wow he has a pretty mean buck to him. I stayed on, it was uneventful. I corrected him and off we went again on the right lead, a do over if you will.  Then we went to the left. Lovely, slow, rolling canter. Was wonderful and felt great both directions. Guess he can stay another month....







Loretta
 the natural horseman
 clear communication/visible results