Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 2010 Newsletter

20/20 Horsemanship's
Newsletter

05/2010

In This Issue

Stryker Status

Good news!  The vet phoned to say that Stryker can be hand walked for up to 20 minutes daily!  I was so excited (as was he) to hear this! 


Quick Links

Current Openings
Sundays @9am
Saturdays @ 4pm
Mondays @ 4:30pm
Tuesdays @3:30pm


Remember to visit the
calendar on my website to see current availability.  I post openings when I have a cancellation for a one time session.

Greetings!

I hope everyone is enjoying a happy, yet hot, spring.
Please read to the end, there is a lot to cover.  I did not send out an April issue and here it is the first week of May!

I'd like to welcome all new students:

Jenn & Ashley (Our first mother/daughter pair)
Numair
Lori
Alex
KC
Alyssa
Erica (back from a winter break)
Sheila



Sincerely,
Loretta Arey
20/20 Horsemanship


Stryker's Status

Scottie-the one who started it all.Good news!  The vet phoned to say that Stryker can be hand walked for up to 20 minutes daily!  I was so excited (as was he) to hear this!   After providing me with some ACE (sedative) I was able to have him venture out.  He was wonderful and very interested in eating the grass that he has been watching grow.

The second time I took him out, I did not wait long enough for the ACE to kick in.  How did I know that you ask?  Because he bucked, with a hind foot brushing my thigh.  Back in the stall for another 15 minutes he went.  The second attempt was much calmer, however he still bucked, out of my range, twice.

Some interesting things we have noticed.  When Stryker's water bucket is empty he makes a big ruckus!  Banging it around and making all kinds of noise.  When you approach to fill the bucket, he will point his head repeatedly to the big water trough as if to say, "There, that's what I need."

Stryker also points his entire head to the field.  He says, "Come on, over there is what I want.  Why can't you understand?"

All in all this is great news.  He is feeling good and now able to get out for a bit.  I did not expect to be hand walking him  until July-so May is ahead of schedule!




What's Going On?
Everything!
This is the official announcement of our new online logo apparel and gear!  WOOHOO!  Get your own 20/20 Horsemanship tank top, t-shirt, mug or water bottle.  I even have a couple of items with Piero and Gem on them, and even Lollipop!

Visit the store from my
blog, or go directly to:

20/20 Horsemanship Logo Gear

In addition to the logo items, I have revamped the Amazon store.  It is looking good and is much easier to navigate.  If you haven't visited in a while, please do!

This is the home page:
20/20 Horsemanship's Amazon Store

There are some really fun things in there!  Toys, Breyer and other models, kids furnishings and decor, even shower curtain hooks and door knobs!

Fun stuff for kids

Are you looking for new boots, breeches or half chaps?

Kids Breeches
Boots and chaps


The Charles Owen helmet I recommend is also there:

Charles Owen Helmets

I hope you find what you are looking for, or simply have fun browsing.  Please remember to bookmark the page!


What are you doing this summer?
Going to 20/20 Horsemanship's camp!
Scottie-the one who started it all.That's right, we are having our first ever summer camp!  Mark the dates: 

July 19-23 and July 26-30.  
  • Small groups of 5-7 year olds, 8-10 and 11 +
  • 9am-1pm daily
  • Join us for the entire week, or come one day!
  • Hands on ground work
  • Riding
  • Horsey games mounted & grounded
  • Washing dirty ponies
  • Braiding manes & tails
  • Swimming
  • Trail riding
Those are just some of the things I am planning.  I will keep you posted as to when I have an actual plan for each day.

I am only taking up to 5 per day.  My daughter, along with 2 adult students, will be helping.

Pricing

If you are here for:
  • One day/$100.
  • Two days/$200.
  • Three days/$275.
  • Four days/$350.
  • Five days/$400.
When you're here all five days it's like getting the 5th day FREE!

Let me know as soon as possible.  I am asking for a  50%  deposit to hold your space.  Please send that to me and let me know the dates BEFORE June 5, 2010.







About Us
Well, you've finally come to the end of this newsletter.  I hope you've enjoyed reading about our happenings.  If you haven't come out yet, or in a while, please stop on by.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide a safe, fun & effective environment for our students. To teach true horsemanship using feel, intuition, timing & leadership. To never use force, but to know when to use the right amount of pressure and release.




Loretta the natural horseman clear communication/visible results